The Student Innovation program fosters growth by giving students the opportunity to engage with one another, faculty, and members of the wider global community involved in innovation. This program also coordinates the InVenture Prize.
The program is committed to being deliberatively innovative by helping to Create the Next in Education (CNE) and is designed to support the following Georgia Tech Strategic Plan Goals:
- Goal 1: Be among the most highly respected technology focused learning institutions in the world
- Goal 3: Ensure that innovation, entrepreneurship, and public service are fundamental characteristics of our graduates
The program is also designed to support the following Georgia Tech Institute-wide Objectives:
- 1: Be the “Innovation Institute”
- 4: Pursue globally significant grand challenges using our campus and region as a test bed for research and application
- 8: Explore collaborative partnerships
The Student Innovation program has meaningful interactions with all major campus units, including, but not limited to: all six colleges, programs across campus focused on entrepreneurship and innovation, Student Life, and Campus Services. These connections include campus-wide events/competitions, course instructors, targeted in-class presentations, incoming student and family presentations, and curriculum development.